April 6, 2014
On Sunday, April 6th, StreetSquash is hosting the 4th Annual StreetSquash Junior Cup, an invitational team tournament bringing together high school and middle school squash players and StreetSquash students through competition, community service and fun. The event also seeks to raise $25,000 to support StreetSquash’s P.E. Program, with each participating team contributing to the fundraising effort. It promises to be an exciting event for the greater metropolitan junior squash community and for StreetSquash.
Fundraising Goal: $25,000
Raised To Date: $700
- 10-team Invitational Tournament
- Teams are comprised of 6 high school or middle school players and 1 StreetSquasher
- Round-robin, followed by finals.
- Community Service: StreetSquash asks that participating high school teams find a convenient time to volunteer as a group for 1.25 hours in either an academic or squash session. This is not a mandatory component of the StreetSquash Jr. Cup, although we believe it is an invaluable experience for all involved!
- Fundraising: StreetSquash asks that participating teams do what they can to support the StreetSquash P.E. Program, and in the process learn about being an advocate for a cause! In past years teams and team members have advocated for StreetSquash at their squash clubs, in school, through bake sales, or simply within their own family. We do not require participants to donate, but are very grateful for whatever support that we receive.
9:30am: Matches begin
Lunch served from 12pm-2pm
2pm: Awards Ceremony
THE SL GREEN STREETSQUASH CENTER
- State of the art academic and athletic facility opened in November 2008.
- 8 ASB international squash courts, 4 classrooms, library, & offices.
- Central Harlem location in close proximity to Subway & Metro-North.
- Secure parking garage on site.
For more information about the StreetSquash Jr. Cup, please contact Charles Loesch-Quintin