StreetSquash’s College Prep Program begins in 9th grade for all StreetSquash students. The program provides intensive support and guidance throughout all stages of the college admissions process, helping build awareness in the early stages, so that students have the opportunity to attend a college that fits their educational and personal needs.
- Weekly Sessions: Students attend 1 weekly College Prep session focused on SAT prep, essay writing, and college guidance.
- SAT Prep: StreetSquash provides intensive SAT Prep for all students including diagnostic tests 4+ times each year for 11th grade students.
- College Visits: Every year StreetSquash visits a range of colleges in Upstate NY, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New England. In addition, college admissions counselors come to Harlem to meet with StreetSquash students.
- StreetSquash College Fair: every May more than 20 college counselors and admissions officers come to StreetSquash for a Harlem-based college fair.
- College Prep Mentors: In 12th grade, each StreetSquasher is paired with a College Prep Mentor. College Prep Mentors meet weekly with students to support their college applications.
To learn more about the College Prep Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.